Interactive 2,000m Programme
Our new and updated 2,000 metre Interactive Training Programme allows everybody, whether couch potato or Olympic Superstar, to get hold of a fitness routine that works for them. To generate your training programme, you only need a few things.
- Your athlete level, which you choose using the key below as a guide.
- The number of sessions a week you are able to train
- The number of weeks there are until race day
Note: the interactive programme must take place over a minimum of 12 weeks, although the recommended starting point would be at least 16 weeks before your race. For those who are already in training and want something more formal toward the end you are able to select a programme starting from 8 weeks before your race.
- Your current 2,000m time: this only needs an estimation, but we need it to work out at what pace you should be doing the various pieces
- Your resting heart rate
- Your maximum heart rate on the Indoor Rower. Note, if you do not know this, do not worry: we will use the estimation of 220 minus your age. A test to find this can be found here in our Training Guide.
Generate Interactive Programme
Athlete Level Key
|Level 1||Sedentary. Not exercised regularly during the past 12 months.||3|
|Level 2||Moderately fit. Informal regular exercise throughout the past 12 months.||3 - 4|
|Level 3||Fit. Taken part in exercise at least three sessions/week for the past 12 months.||4 - 5|
|Level 4||Trained. Followed a formal training programme of 5 sessions/week for at least two years.||4 - 6|
|Level 5||Athlete. Trained regularly 6-8 sessions/week for at least three years||6 - 8|